September 15, 2007

Taos Dirt - More SBT....WTF man, it's a sweet trail


After days and weeks and months of rain pretty much every afternoon - finally we latched on to a perfect day. To do?....an out and back on the SBT, what else. ok-ok ya, frikin' NOBODY rides the SBT as an out-and-back and NOBODY (meaning me) in their right mind should be riding with guys THIS fast and NOBODY should be allowed to have THIS much fun....I know, that sounds gay, but man, that is a super-fun ride......fun, out AND back.

No clouds, no whining and only one mechanical (I had a flat). After seven hours I was beat

Thankfully Dave had the sense to bring a few cervezas for the end of the ride.


crack.....crack....crack (sound of popping crevezas) ........sweet

.........crack crack crack - oh ya baby, the sound of more

.........crack - crack.....what the hell was that? "dude, you just ran over a bike"
That was my bike - and Tim accidently backed over it on his way out of the parking lot. My fault - I left it laying there.
......crack- crack-snap (the sound of Tim pulling off the bike).
LUCKILY it was only the back wheel and the seat. The seat I tweaked back and the wheel replaced 8 spokes - and a major truing and.................................shit, give me another beer!