November 30, 2009

Training Day

Yesterday I decided to go out on one of Jen's training rides to see what the the hype was all about. My new shades prevented any bugs from going in my eyes - or hitting pretty much my entire body.




Since not many people own cars here in Costa Rica, you tend to pass a lot of them walking to town or wherever they are going. They always have some sort of words of encouragement for bikers, usually "duro" (strong) of just "buenas" (good day). Since you know that these people probably do not speak English you can add a little fun to your ride by messing with them. For instance, when I'm climbing a big hill and pass somebody walking and they say "duro! duro!" I like to say stuff like " thanks douche bag" or "how's it going butt wipe" or something like that. They will just smile.
You can't say stuff like "Hi asshole" or "how's it going fuck face" because most people know all the cuss words.....just like I know all the cuss words in Spanish.