August 06, 2007

Deer Creek Slop

Oh ya - this is REAL good for your drive train.

During a recent visit to the North Country (Denver) I decided to head up to Deer Creek Canyon - on of the classic after work rides along the front range. 15 minutes into the ride - rain. Keep going, sans raincoat - "it's only water you pussy". People are bailing - nobody heading up except me. Big time lightning - no big deal the entire trial is though big thick trees. I forgot though, the lower part of this trail is big-time clay and by the time I realize this the bike weighs about 400 pounds - can't carry - must ride (and slide). Shifting gears is out of the question and the only lube on the chain is being supplied by those sweet-ass VanDerWals Bonds that clay is known for. An hour and a half later I'm pumping quarters into the machine at the Octopus Car Wash washing about half of Deer Creek Canyon down the drain.